We all have those nights where we do not feeling like cooking, or simply have no time to do so. This is the perfect recipe for nights like those, so simple yet delicious. This is just a simple base recipe, you can eat it like this or feel free to add any meat or vegetable of your choice to make it perfect for your family.
- 1 pound dried ziti pasta
- Kosher salt
- 2 - 16 oz. pasta sauce
- 8 oz. finely shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, salt generously, and boil the pasta until al dente & drain.
- Toss the cooked pasta with the pasta sauce. (You will use more sauce than you would in a normal pasta recipe so the pasta is not dry when you bake it)
- Transfer the pasta to an oiled 9 by 13-inch baking dish.
- Fill dish with half the pasta, layer half the mozzarella, half the Parmesan cheese, black pepper, and pepper flakes on top; Repeat with the remaining pasta & cheese.
- Bake until lightly browned and hot, about 30 minutes. (Mine was not cooked this long as we like our cheese just melted, but if you leave it in for the full 30 mins, you will have a nice melted slightly browned cheese on top)